Don't clean your broiler pan before making gravy. That's where all the goodness is. We suggest whisking the gravy right in the same pan while the turkey rests on a platter. We think you'll like the sweet tang apple cider adds to the recipe.
This recipe goes with Roast Turkey with Thyme Butter and Shallots
- 1/2 cup reserved pan drippings
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 1 1/2 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Set broiler pan over 2 burners. Whisk flour into drippings in pan. Cook over medium heat until flour mixture (roux) is dark golden, stirring constantly to loosen any browned bits from bottom of pan. Gradually add cider and broth; cook, stirring constantly, 5 to 10 minutes or until gravy is thickened. Stir in salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note