Let Stand In Warm Place: 15 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 can(s) tomato puree, 28 oz.
- 2 can(s) tomato paste
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) onion, minced
- 2 clove(s) garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 pound(s) ground chuck
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 pound(s) lasagne noodles
- 1 pound(s) mozarella cheese, slices
- 1 pound(s) ricotta cheese
- 1/4 pound(s) parmesan, fresh, grated
- Mix in a large kettle: tomato puree, tomato paste, water, oregano, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Let mixture simmer.
- Heat in large skillet: olive oil. When hot; add: minced onion and crushed garlic.
- When onion is golden, add: ground chuck and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Cook unil the meat has lost its red color, then add to the kettle mixture. Simmer for about 2 hours or until the sauce is thick.
- Cook lasagne noodles as directed on package. Drain thoroughly, rinse and separate the noodles, spreading them on a towel to dry.
- Cut Mozarella into thin slices. Have ready ricotta and fresh grated parmesan
- Spoon some of the sauce into two 8-inch square pans or one large casserole. Put in a layer of noodles, then a layer of mozzarella and a layer of ricotta. Put in another layer of noodles, crosswise, then more sauce, and layers of noodles, mozzarella and ricotta. Top with a last layer of noodles and the rest of the sauce. Sprinkle gererously with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Let stand in a warm place for 15 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RoseanneB and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note