Served this to my book club group last night with Caesar Salad and strawberry shortcake for dessert (Oregon strawberries are amazing right now) and they LOVED it. The chopping of the veggies takes a little time but so worth it! Wonderful light summer meal....
Lasagna with Zucchini
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
- Calories: 326
- Fat: 14.2g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 17g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 598mg
- Calcium: 212mg
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups julienne-cut zucchini
- 2 cups julienne-cut yellow squash
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup water from fresh mozzarella container
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2.5 ounces grated fresh Parmesan cheese (about 10 tablespoons)
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated fresh lasagna noodles (6 noodles)
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add zucchini, squash, thyme, and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Remove zucchini mixture from pan, and cool completely.
- 3. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, ricotta, mozzarella water, and mozzarella in a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Combine 1/2 cup ricotta mixture and 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- 4. Arrange 2 noodles in an 8-inch square glass baking dish coated with cooking spray; trim to fit if needed. Top with half of zucchini mixture and half of ricotta mixture. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Top with the ricotta-Parmesan mixture. Cover dish with foil. Bake lasagna at 375° for 30 minutes; uncover. Bake, uncovered, an additional 15 minutes.
- 5. Turn broiler to high. Sprinkle lasagna with remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Broil 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into 6 slices.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note