Lasagna with Turkey Sausage and Spinach
Vodka sauce makes a traditional lasagna extra savory, while the turkey sausage & spinach lighten up the recipe. I typically bake a full pan's worth, then freeze the leftovers for my husband to microwave at lunch. ...Or if you prefer a make-ahead recipe, just freeze the assembled pan and bake covered for an additional 15 minutes before sprinkling with the remaining cheese.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 package(s) turkey sausage (Hillshire Farms) chopped
- 30 ounce(s) diced tomatoes (no salt)
- 2 tablespoon(s) oregano dried
- 2 tablespoon(s) basil dried
- 16 ounce(s) spinach chopped
- 48 ounce(s) vodka sauce
- 15 ounce(s) ricotta cheese (low-fat)
- 2 cup(s) parmesan cheese shredded
- 4 ounce(s) egg substitute
- 3 cup(s) mozzarella cheese (part-skim) shredded
- 1 package(s) lasagna noodles (no-boil variety)
- Brown the turkey sausage, then transfer to large bowl with 1/3 of the vodka sauce.
- While browning, steam spinach until tender, then let cool.
- Simmer tomatoes in same pan, with oregano & basil, until desired tenderness.
- While tomatoes are simmering, use kitchen towel to squeeze-dry the spinach.
- Stir tomatoes, sauce, & sausage together in large bowl.
- Stir spinach, ricotta, parmesan, & egg white together in small bowl.
- Layer lasagna in 11 x 14 x 3 pan:
- 1/3 vodka sauce, lasagna noodles, 1/2 ricotta mix, 1 cup mozzarella;
- Tomato & sausage mix, lasagna noodles, 1/2 ricotta mix, 1 cup mozzarella;
- Lasagna noodles, 1/3 vodka sauce.
- Cover pan with foil.
- Bake at 375 F for 55 minutes.
- Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella, then bake uncovered for another 10 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Rest for 15 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mollicita and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note