Lasagna with Turkey Sausage and Spinach
Vodka sauce makes a traditional lasagna extra savory, while the turkey sausage & spinach lighten up the recipe. I typically bake a full pan's worth, then freeze the leftovers for my husband to microwave at lunch. ...Or if you prefer a make-ahead recipe, just freeze the assembled pan and bake covered for an additional 15 minutes before sprinkling with the remaining cheese.
- 1 package(s) turkey sausage (Hillshire Farms) chopped
- 30 ounce(s) diced tomatoes (no salt)
- 2 tablespoon(s) oregano dried
- 2 tablespoon(s) basil dried
- 16 ounce(s) spinach chopped
- 48 ounce(s) vodka sauce
- 15 ounce(s) ricotta cheese (low-fat)
- 2 cup(s) parmesan cheese shredded
- 4 ounce(s) egg substitute
- 3 cup(s) mozzarella cheese (part-skim) shredded
- 1 package(s) lasagna noodles (no-boil variety)
- Brown the turkey sausage, then transfer to large bowl with 1/3 of the vodka sauce.
- While browning, steam spinach until tender, then let cool.
- Simmer tomatoes in same pan, with oregano & basil, until desired tenderness.
- While tomatoes are simmering, use kitchen towel to squeeze-dry the spinach.
- Stir tomatoes, sauce, & sausage together in large bowl.
- Stir spinach, ricotta, parmesan, & egg white together in small bowl.
- Layer lasagna in 11 x 14 x 3 pan:
- 1/3 vodka sauce, lasagna noodles, 1/2 ricotta mix, 1 cup mozzarella;
- Tomato & sausage mix, lasagna noodles, 1/2 ricotta mix, 1 cup mozzarella;
- Lasagna noodles, 1/3 vodka sauce.
- Cover pan with foil.
- Bake at 375 F for 55 minutes.
- Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella, then bake uncovered for another 10 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Rest for 15 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mollicita and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note