Lasagna Soup Yield: 8 servings Ingredients for the soup: 2 tsp. olive oil 1-1/2 lbs. Italian sausage 3 c. chopped onions 4 garlic cloves, minced 2 tsp. dried oregano 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes 2 T. tomato paste 1 28-oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes 2 bay leaves 6 c. chicken stock 8 oz. mafalda or fusilli pasta 1/2 c. finely chopped fresh basil leaves salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste for the cheesy yum: 8 oz. ricotta 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese 1/4 tsp. salt pinch of
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1.5 pound(s) Italian Sausage
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add sausage, breaking up into bite sized pieces, and brown for about 5 minutes. Add onions and cook until softened, about 6 minutes. Add garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 1 minute. Add tomato paste and stir well to incorporate. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the tomato paste turns a rusty brown color.
- Add diced tomatoes, bay leaves, and chicken stock. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Add uncooked pasta and cook until al dente. Do not over cook or let soup simmer for a long period of time at this point, as the pasta will get mushy and absorb all the soup broth. You may even want to consider cooking the noodles separately, and then adding some to individual bowls before ladling the soup over them. This would be an especially smart move if you are anticipating any leftovers. Right before serving, stir in the basil and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the cheesy yum. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, Parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- To serve, place a dollop of the cheesy yum in each soup bowl, sprinkle some of the mozzarella on top and ladle the hot soup over the cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RobynMc and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lasagna Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews