This was one of the best recipes I have made from MyRecipes! It is delicious and the whole family loved it! I did not broil but rather just put some ricotta and mozzarella in the bottom of the bowl and put the hot soup on top. I then topped with park. YUM!!!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1 1/2 pound(s) Italian sausage ground
- 2 Onions finely chopped
- 4 clove(s) Garlic minced
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1 -28 oz can(s) fire roasted diced tomatoes with juice
- 6 cup(s) chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 ounce(s) curly pasta
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh basil finely chopped
- 8 ounce(s) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) parmesan cheese grated
- 2 cup(s) mozzarella cheese grated
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add sausage and brown, breaking up into small chunks, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain any excess fat. Add onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes, and saute for 1 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and cook until it turns a rusty brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with juice, stock and bay leaves; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes to blend the falvors. Add past, increase heat to medium-high and boil until al dente, about 8 minutes. Discard bay leaves. Stir in basil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat broiler and place oven safe bowls on a baking sheet.
- Scoop a heaping spoonful of ricotta into each bowl. Ladle soup into bowls and top each bowl with Parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Place in broiler with oven door cracked for 3-5 minutes until cheese browns.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CathyWahlstrom and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lasagna Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews