Just made this for my husband and I, and I really enjoyed it! It was fun to make because it is different than typical dishes-like getting to make your own tasty sauce. Next time I will add a little more than 1/2 c mozzarella just to thicken up the filling and will also use a little less juice from the jar of roasted red peppers for a slightly thicker sauce. You could also easily experiment with other veggies if you have someone in your house than doesn't like mushrooms. Overall great dish, and will be making it again!
Lasagna Rolls with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
These rolls require some assembly time but are a nice change of pace from layered pasta. Use baby spinach to eliminate the task of trimming stems.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 rolls)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 393
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 11.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 19.3g
- Carbohydrate: 58.3g
- Fiber: 5.9g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 924mg
- Calcium: 253mg
- 8 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (7-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers, undrained
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- To prepare lasagna, cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, mushrooms, spinach, and 3 garlic cloves; sauté 5 minutes or until onion and mushrooms are tender. Remove from heat, and stir in cheeses, 2 tablespoons basil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper.
- To prepare sauce, place vinegar and remaining ingredients in a blender; process until smooth.
- Place cooked noodles on flat surface; spread 1/4 cup cheese mixture over each noodle. Roll up noodles, jelly-roll fashion, starting with short side. Place the rolls, seam sides down, in a shallow 2-quart microwave-safe dish. Pour 1/4 cup sauce over each roll, and cover with heavy-duty plastic wrap. Microwave at high 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons basil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes