This was my first time making lasagna rolls. They were simple enough to make, and I really like the rolls over traditional lasagna. However, the filling on these was so bland! I will make lasagna rolls again, just not these. The roasted red pepper sauce was delicious. I followed somebody else's recommendation and drained the roasted peppers so the sauce wasn't so runny. I had a lot left over, so served it over scrambled eggs for breakfast. Yum!
Lasagna Rolls with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Randy Mayor; Katie Stoddard
These rolls require some assembly time but are a nice change of pace from layered pasta. Use baby spinach to eliminate the task of trimming stems.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 rolls)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 393
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 11.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 19.3g
- Carbohydrate: 58.3g
- Fiber: 5.9g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 924mg
- Calcium: 253mg
- 8 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (7-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers, undrained
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- To prepare lasagna, cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, mushrooms, spinach, and 3 garlic cloves; sauté 5 minutes or until onion and mushrooms are tender. Remove from heat, and stir in cheeses, 2 tablespoons basil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper.
- To prepare sauce, place vinegar and remaining ingredients in a blender; process until smooth.
- Place cooked noodles on flat surface; spread 1/4 cup cheese mixture over each noodle. Roll up noodles, jelly-roll fashion, starting with short side. Place the rolls, seam sides down, in a shallow 2-quart microwave-safe dish. Pour 1/4 cup sauce over each roll, and cover with heavy-duty plastic wrap. Microwave at high 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons basil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note