I loved this and so did my family. I made a few changes but the best one was adding the red wine instead of white.
Double this casserole so you can have one to keep and one to either give away or freeze for holiday company...it freezes for up to one month.
Yield: Serves 8 to 10
- 11 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 pounds Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (26-oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup fine, dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain. Cut in half crosswise and set aside.
- Cook sausage, onion and garlic in a large skillet, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Add spaghetti sauce, wine or broth, parsley and salt, stirring well. Cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine ricotta cheese and next 5 ingredients, stirring well. Spread ricotta mixture evenly over lasagna noodles. Roll up jelly-roll fashion, starting at narrow end. Place lasagna rolls, seam side down, in a lightly greased 13"x9" baking dish. Pour meat sauce over rolls and sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 more minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles