- 11 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 pounds Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (26-oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup fine, dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain. Cut in half crosswise and set aside.
Cook sausage, onion and garlic in a large skillet, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Add spaghetti sauce, wine or broth, parsley and salt, stirring well. Cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside.
Combine ricotta cheese and next 5 ingredients, stirring well. Spread ricotta mixture evenly over lasagna noodles. Roll up jelly-roll fashion, starting at narrow end. Place lasagna rolls, seam side down, in a lightly greased 13"x9" baking dish. Pour meat sauce over rolls and sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
Bake, covered, at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 more minutes or until thoroughly heated.