Lasagna is a pretty classic comfort food, but not one that I would normally make for a weeknight dinner. With just the two of us eating, an entire pan of lasagna is enough food to eat for a week so unless we're expecting company, lasagna is a rare treat. If you are like me, lasagna roll-ups are the solution. You can make as many servings as you need and you can do it in less time.
Yield: 1 serving
Community Recipe from
- 8 piece(s) lasagna noodles
- 1/2 pound(s) lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 piece(s) clove garlic
- 1/2 whole(s) onion
- 1 can(s) crushed tomatoes
- 1 whole(s) egg
- 1/2 cup(s) ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) fresh basil chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) fresh oregano chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat a large pot of water to boiling over high heat. When it reaches a boil, salt liberally and drop noodles. Stir occasionally and cook to just al dente. You want to leave them slightly more firm since you'll be baking the pasta. Drain noodles and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add turkey and brown. When almost cooked through, add tomatoes and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for about 15 minutes. Add 1/2 the basil, oregano, and crushed red pepper flakes and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat egg. Add ricotta, Parmesan and remaining basil and oregano and stir together. Spray pan lightly with cooking spray. Add enough sauce to lightly cover the bottom of the pan. To assemble, on a drained noodle, add a spoonful of ricotta mixture. Top with a spoonful of meat sauce and roll up. Place seam side down in pan. Continue until you've used all the noodles. Top each with a little more meat sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining crushed red pepper flakes. Bake approximately 20 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Piper28 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes