These were great for dinner with a salad...but would make great football-party pick-up food, too. My only complaint was that the biscuits lacked flavor...next time, I'll brush both sides with garlic butter to punch up taste.
Lasagna Pizza Cups
More From Southern Living
Total: 45 Minutes
Bake: 20 Minutes
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15-oz.) jar pizza sauce
- 1 (7.5-oz.) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup (3 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Cook first 3 ingredients in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well. Return meat mixture to skillet; stir in 1 cup pizza sauce. Remove from heat.
- 2. Press biscuits on bottom and up sides of lightly greased muffin cups. Spoon about 1 rounded tablespoonful meat mixture into each biscuit cup; top with ricotta cheese (about 1 heaping teaspoonful each). Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven, and gently run a knife around outer edge of pizza cups to loosen from sides of pan. Remove cups from pan, using a spoon.
- 4. Place remaining pizza sauce in a small microwave-safe glass bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave at HIGH 30 to 45 seconds or until thoroughly heated. Serve pizza cups with warm sauce.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits and Ragú Homemade Style Pizza Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note