- PAM Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pound ground sirloin beef
- 2 cans (15 oz each) Hunt's Family Favorites Seasoned Tomato Sauce for Lasagna
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 2 eggs
- 1 container (15 oz each) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 dry lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (2 cups = 8 oz)
How to Make It
Hands On: 20 minutes
Total: 1 hour 15 minutes
Preheat oven to 400F. Spray 13- x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Brown meat in large skillet over medium-high heat; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and water; remove from heat. Set aside. Beat eggs lightly in medium bowl with wire whisk. Add ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; mix well. Set aside.
Place 4 of the noodles in prepared dish, overlapping or breaking noodles as needed to fit in dish. Cover with 1/3 of the meat mixture, 1/2 of the cheese mixture and 4 of the noodles. Repeat layers, beginning with the meat mixture and ending with the noodles. Top with the remaining meat mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; cover.
Bake 35 minutes. Remove cover; bake an additional 10 minutes, or until pasta mixture is hot and bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into 8 pieces to serve.