Standing: 10 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 ounce(s) whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 2 teaspoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 8 ounce(s) crimini mushrooms sliced
- 8 ounce(s) extra lean (95%)ground beef
- 8 ounce(s) Italian Sausage chopped, casings removed
- 1 can(s) tomato sauce, no-salt-added
- 1 can(s) tomato paste, no-salt-added
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) stevia sweetner
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) also salt
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) fresh ground black pepper
- 8 ounce(s) reduced fat ricotta cheese
- 8 ounce(s) part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounce(s) parmesan cheese, reduced fat
- 1. Heat a large pot of water to boiling, and cook the noodles until almost tender. Drain. Transfer to a bowl of cool water to prevent sticking. Meanwhile, in a large non-stick skillet, heat the oil until hot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are softened, about 7 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, one minute longer. Add the beef and cook, stirring frequently, until no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, oregano, basil, black pepper, Also Salt, and Stevia, and cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce is fragrant and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 450F. In a 13 x 9-inch baking dish, *spread 1/4 cup of the meat sauce. Lay 3 noodles on top and spoon one quarter of the meat sauce, one-third of the ricotta and repeat from *. Top with the mozzarella and Parmesan, and bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the top is lightly golden.
- 3. Let stand for 10 minutes to firm and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AspiredCook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note