This was really, really tasty. I used kale instead of broccoli rabe because I couldn't find any. This took a long time to prepare, but was worth it. I'll definitely make it again.
Lasagna with Grape Tomatoes and Broccoli Rabe
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 25 Minutes
- Calories: 319
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 17.1g
- Carbohydrate: 35g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 417mg
- Calcium: 319mg
- 1 (1-pound) bunch broccoli rabe, trimmed
- 1 (8-ounce) bunch Broccolini, trimmed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion, divided
- 10 garlic cloves, thinly sliced and divided
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups grape tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) carton part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce (such as Dell'Amore)
- Cooking spray
- 9 cooked lasagna noodles
- 3 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add broccoli rabe and Broccolini, and cook 2 minutes. Drain and rinse vegetables under cold water; drain. Coarsely chop.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil; swirl to coat. Add 3/4 cup onion and 5 garlic cloves; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add wine; cook 1 minute. Add grape tomatoes and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 12 minutes or until skins split and tomatoes start to release their juices, stirring frequently. Place tomato mixture in a bowl.
- 4. Wipe pan dry with paper towels. Return pan to medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil; swirl to coat. Add remaining 3/4 cup onion, remaining 5 garlic cloves, and red pepper; sauté 4 minutes. Stir in broccoli rabe mixture and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 5. Combine 1/4 cup basil, ricotta, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Spread 1/2 cup marinara sauce in the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 lasagna noodles over sauce. Spread half of ricotta mixture over noodles. Top with half of broccoli rabe mixture; spoon half of tomato mixture over broccoli rabe mixture. Repeat layers with remaining noodles, ricotta mixture, broccoli rabe mixture, and tomato mixture, ending with noodles. Top with remaining 1/2 cup marinara, and sprinkle with mozzarella. Cover with aluminum foil coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Remove lasagna from oven, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chopped basil. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note