This recipe is well worthy of a special occasion. I tried it on two excellent cooks and they agreed. Like all good cooks, however, I did make some minor changes. I sauteed 8 oz of mushrooms and 4 green onion (that I happened to have left over from another recipe) sliced very thin in a little butter and olive oil. Then I put the mixture right along with the spinach and chicken in the layers of the lasagna. Also, instead of using fat free evaporated milk, I used one fat free and one reduced fat. I'm sure that added a small amount of fat and clories but it was really good so I'm thinking it was worth it.
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 450
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 38.7g
- Carbohydrate: 48.4g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Iron: 3.9mg
- Sodium: 782mg
- Calcium: 755mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons stick margarine or butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (12-ounce) cans evaporated skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cooking spray
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast (about 6 ounces)
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat pizza-blend cheese or cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Melt margarine in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Stir in salt and nutmeg; cook until thick, stirring constantly (about 3 minutes).
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce in bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 2 noodles over sauce; top with half of chicken and half of spinach. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon pepper; top with 3/4 cup sauce. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Spread remaining sauce over noodles. Cover and bake at 450° for 25 minutes or until noodles are tender and sauce is bubbly. Uncover and top with cheese; bake an additional 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes