Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) sweet Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound(s) ground beef
- 2 jar(s) sweet basil spaghetti sauce 16 oz Barilla
- 3 package(s) fresh mozzarella 8oz Sorrento
- 1 package(s) whole milk ricotta 16 oz
- 1 package(s) flat lasagne - no cook 3x7 9 oz Barilla
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) parmesan cheese grated
- 3 tablespoon(s) parsley
- fresh basil
- Tomato Sauce:
- Brown ground beef.
- Remove sausage from links and brown with ground beef.
- Drain fat from ground beef sausage ground beef mixture.
- Add 2 jars of Barilla "Traditional Sweet Basil" tomato sauce into crock pot.
- Mix in ground beef and sausage.
- Cook on low or medium for 15 minutes to 4 hours.
- Ricotta Mixture
- Mix 1 egg with ricotta.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt to egg/ricotta mixture.
- Stir in parsley, Italian seasoning or fresh basil.
- Add a thin layer of sauce to 9x13 pan.
- Put thin layer of mozzarella mixture on 4 pieces of Barilla pasta.
- Lay on top of sauce to fit in pan.
- Add sauce to cover.
- Add light layer of fresh Parmesan cheese.
- Add thinly cut layer of mazarella cheese to cover.
- Repeat 1 or 2 more times depending on how thick you made each layer.
- Start with:
- -thin layer of mozzarella mixture on 4 pieces of Barilla pasta
- -sauce to cover
- -light layer of Parmesan
- -thin layer of mozzarella
- Bake at covered in foil for 45 minutes at 350. Remove foil and continue to cook 10 minutes until bubbling on sides and cheese is entirely melted. Cool 5 minutes before serving. Add 30 minutes to cooking time is frozen.
- Make one freeze one. Proportions can make 2 at the same time.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Laurenmurray and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note