Lao Omelet with Dill, Scallion and Thai Chile
Photo: Petrina Tinslay
More From Food & Wine
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 scallion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Thai red chile, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium shallot, coarsely chopped
- In a bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the dill, scallion, Thai chile, fish sauce, pepper and salt.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add the shallot and cook over moderately high heat until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and, when it is hot, add the egg mixture. Cook, stirring, until the eggs are almost set, about 1 minute. Run a heatproof plastic spatula around the edge to loosen the omelet and cook undisturbed until golden brown on the bottom, about 30 seconds. Invert the omelet onto a plate and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note