Lane Cake Filling
More From Southern Living
Cool: 1 Hour
- 12 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped raisins
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. Pour water to depth of 1½ inches into a 3½-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer.
- 2. Beat egg yolks at medium speed with an electric mixer 3 minutes; gradually add sugar, beating until blended. Beat 3 minutes. Gradually add butter, beating at low speed until blended.
- 3. Transfer mixture to a 3-qt. heatproof bowl. Place bowl over simmering water. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and an instant-read thermometer registers 170° (about 30 to 35 minutes). Remove from heat; stir in pecans and remaining ingredients. Cool 1 hour.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note