- 8 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup maraschino cherries, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup raisins, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup grated coconut
- 2 tablespoons bourbon whiskey or brandy
How to Make It
Combine egg yolks, sugar, and butter in a 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, about 20 minutes or until thickened.
Remove from heat, and stir in remaining ingredients. Let cool before spreading on cake.
Oxmoor House Homestyle Recipes