- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 egg whites (reserve yolks for filling)
- Lane Cake Filling
- Vanilla Frosting
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Combine dry ingredients. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in vanilla.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans, and let cool completely.
- Spread filling between layers of cake; spread top and sides of cake with frosting.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This