Lamb with Tomato-Lentil Couscous
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 334
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 8.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 29.8g
- Carbohydrate: 36.3g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 701mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless leg of lamb, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (6.1-ounce) package tomato and lentil couscous mix (such as Near East)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine chicken broth and cornstarch, stirring well. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add lamb; sauté 4 minutes or until browned.
- Prepare couscous according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Remove lamb from pan. Add onion and garlic; sauté 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Return lamb to pan. Stir in balsamic vinegar and mustard; cook 3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in chicken broth mixture; cook 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in pepper.
- Spoon couscous onto a platter; spoon lamb mixture over couscous.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes