Lamb And Vegetable Soup
- 1 (6- to 7-pound) leg of lamb
- 1 gallon water
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped potatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped tomato
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 1 cup finely chopped turnips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place lamb and water in a large stock pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 3 hours. Remove from heat; let cool. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Skim off fat, and discard.
- Remove lamb, reserving broth in stock pot. Cut meat from bone, and cut into bite-size pieces; discard bone. Return meat to broth. Add remaining ingredients, stirring well.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 3 hours. Serve hot in individual soup bowls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This