Lamb Stew with Mixed Vegetables
Yield: 4 Servings
Cost per Serving: $2.66
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 509
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Protein: 51g
- Carbohydrate: 19g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 173mg
- Sodium: 642mg
- 2 pounds boneless lamb stew meat
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can low-sodium beef broth
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (1 lb.) bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- Pat lamb dry; season with salt and pepper. Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, brown lamb on all sides, 5 minutes per batch. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add onion to skillet and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, 3 minutes. Add broth and tomatoes. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil, stirring to pick up any browned bits in skillet. Pour tomato mixture over lamb in slow cooker. Cover; cook on low for 6 hours, until lamb is tender.
- Strain stew; set aside meat and liquid. (You should have about 2 cups liquid.) In a bowl, using a fork, mix 1 Tbsp. butter with flour into a crumbly paste.
- Bring stew liquid to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Whisking constantly, stir a few pieces of flour mixture into liquid. Continue until mixture is used up and liquid has thickened.
- Reduce heat to medium; stir in lamb and vegetables. Cook until warmed through, 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes