Lamb Souvlaki with Feta-Mint Dipping Sauce
You can substitute cubed chicken or beef for the lamb in this easy and flavorful dish. If you don't have Greek seasoning, combine a little dried mint and ground cumin with dried Italian seasoning.
More From Coastal Living
Chill: 1 Hour
Grill: 10 Minutes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless lamb, cubed
- 12 (6-inch) flat wooden skewers
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- Hot cooked rice pilaf or orzo
- Feta-Mint Dipping Sauce
- Garnish: chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add lamb, stirring to coat. Marinate in refrigerator 1 to 2 hours.
- 2. Soak skewers in water 30 minutes. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°).
- 3. Thread lamb, onion, tomatoes, and lemons evenly onto skewers. Grill skewers 5 minutes on each side. Serve with rice pilaf and Feta-Mint Dipping Sauce. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note