Lamb Soup With Spring Vegetables
This soup is delicious with lots of hot bread. The Citrus-Mint Gremolata brightens up the whole dish, so you may want to make a double batch and serve some on the side for guests to use as they please.
- 3 pounds boneless lamb shoulder, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen whole pearl onions, unthawed
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- Citrus-Mint Gremolata
- Sprinkle lamb evenly with salt, pepper, and flour. Cook lamb in hot oil in a large Dutch oven, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until browned. Add garlic, and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add wine, and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Stir in beef broth and next 3 ingredients, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 2 hours.
- Stir in baby carrots and pearl onions; cook, uncovered, 10 minutes. Add green beans, and cook 15 minutes. Serve hot with Citrus-Mint Gremolata.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This