These were fantastic! Used shallots & mushrooms instead of onions and served with roasted potatoes and brussels sprouts on the side. Also picked up some pan de sal for the bread - a perfect touch!
Lamb Sliders with Blue Cheese
Fragrant blue cheese stands up beautifully to lamb in this must-try slider recipe. Prepare it for a festive appetizer or a light main dish. Add arugula to these burgers, if desired.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 452
- Fat: 20.8g
- Saturated fat: 7.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 9.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 23.5g
- Carbohydrate: 42.3g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 694mg
- Calcium: 136mg
- 1 1/4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 2/3 cups thinly sliced onion (about 1 large)
- 3/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 13 ounces lean ground lamb
- Cooking spray
- 8 (1.3-ounce) mini sandwich buns (such as Pepperidge Farm)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sugar to pan; cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in 1/8 teaspoon salt. Reduce heat; cook 8 minutes or until tender and browned, stirring occasionally. Keep warm.
- 2. Preheat broiler.
- 3. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper, and lamb in a large bowl. Divide lamb mixture into 8 equal portions; shape each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Place patties on the rack of a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; place rack in pan. Broil 6 minutes, turning once after 3 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand 3 minutes.
- 4. Broil buns, cut sides up, 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Place patties on bottom halves of buns; top each patty with about 1 1/2 tablespoons caramelized onion and about 3/4 teaspoon blue cheese. Cover with top halves of buns.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note