Lamb, Roasted Tomato, and Artichoke Sandwiches with Olive Spread
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 368
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 10.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 20.9g
- Carbohydrate: 49.9g
- Fiber: 5.9g
- Cholesterol: 39mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 831mg
- Calcium: 24mg
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise (about 1/2 pound)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 (2-ounce) pieces focaccia (Italian flatbread), cut in half horizontally
- 1 1/4 cups sliced Simple Roasted Leg of Lamb (about 6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Arrange the tomato halves, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon thyme and black pepper. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until very tender. Cool slightly.
- Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon thyme, low-fat mayonnaise, olives, rind, and juice.
- Spread cut sides of bread evenly with mayonnaise mixture. Divide tomato halves, Simple Roasted Leg of Lamb, onion, and artichokes evenly among 4 bread pieces. Top with remaining bread pieces. Wrap the sandwiches in foil or parchment paper; chill.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note