- 4 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise (about 1/2 pound)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 (2-ounce) pieces focaccia (Italian flatbread), cut in half horizontally
- 1 1/4 cups sliced Simple Roasted Leg of Lamb (about 6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and thinly sliced
- calories 368
- caloriesfromfat 25 %
- fat 10.3 g
- satfat 2.6 g
- monofat 4.2 g
- polyfat 0.9 g
- protein 20.9 g
- carbohydrate 49.9 g
- fiber 5.9 g
- cholesterol 39 mg
- iron 3.1 mg
- sodium 831 mg
- calcium 24 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Arrange the tomato halves, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon thyme and black pepper. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until very tender. Cool slightly.
Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon thyme, low-fat mayonnaise, olives, rind, and juice.
Spread cut sides of bread evenly with mayonnaise mixture. Divide tomato halves, Simple Roasted Leg of Lamb, onion, and artichokes evenly among 4 bread pieces. Top with remaining bread pieces. Wrap the sandwiches in foil or parchment paper; chill.