Lamb Ratatouille Ragout
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 667
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 86g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 8g
- Cholesterol: 257mg
- Sodium: 693mg
- 3 1/2 pounds lamb shoulder, cut into large pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large eggplant (1 1/4 lb.), cut into small pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into large pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (28 oz.) can chopped tomatoes, drained
- Pat lamb dry and season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add lamb and cook until lightly browned, turning with a wooden spoon, about 10 minutes; transfer to a slow cooker. Pour off and discard all but 1 Tbsp. fat from skillet.
- Add eggplant, onion, bell pepper and garlic to skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until mixture is slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes.
- Pour contents of skillet over lamb in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note