Lamb Pot Roast
- 1 (3-pound) lamb shoulder roast
- 1 pound new potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 carrots, scraped and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Remove the fell (tissue-like covering) from roast with a sharp knife. Place roast in a greased roasting pan. Arrange potatoes, carrots, and celery in pan. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over roast.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 1/2 hours. Uncover and continue baking for 30 minutes or until roast is tender, basting frequently with pan drippings.
- Transfer roast and vegetables to a warm serving platter. Let roast stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes
Food & Wine