Lamb and Portobello Bourguignonne
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 377
- Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Protein: 28.9g
- Carbohydrate: 37.1g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 489mg
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Calcium: 166mg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound boneless leg of lamb, trimmed and cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1 (8-ounce) package baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can condensed beef consommé, undiluted
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon yogurt-based butter-type spread
- 2 2/3 cups frozen mashed potatoes
- 2 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; add lamb. Seal bag, and shake to coat lamb.
- . Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add lamb, and cook 4 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove lamb from pan.
- . Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in pan. Add shallots and mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes. Add lamb, consommé, wine, and parsley; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes or until lamb is tender. Stir in yogurt-based spread. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until sauce is thick.
- . Prepare mashed potatoes according to package directions using 2 1/2 cups milk. Serve lamb mixture over mashed potatoes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This