- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound boneless leg of lamb, trimmed and cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1 (8-ounce) package baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can condensed beef consommé, undiluted
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon yogurt-based butter-type spread
- 2 2/3 cups frozen mashed potatoes
- 2 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- calories 377
- fat 13.2 g
- satfat 3.9 g
- protein 28.9 g
- carbohydrate 37.1 g
- cholesterol 60 mg
- iron 3.5 mg
- sodium 489 mg
- caloriesfromfat 32 %
- fiber 3.2 g
- calcium 166 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 3 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; add lamb. Seal bag, and shake to coat lamb.
. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add lamb, and cook 4 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove lamb from pan.
. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in pan. Add shallots and mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes. Add lamb, consommé, wine, and parsley; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes or until lamb is tender. Stir in yogurt-based spread. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until sauce is thick.
. Prepare mashed potatoes according to package directions using 2 1/2 cups milk. Serve lamb mixture over mashed potatoes.