- 1/2 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped bottled roasted red bell peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 egg white
- 6 ounces ground lamb
- 6 ounces 90% lean ground sirloin
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 3 (6-inch) whole-wheat pitas, halved
- calories 307
- fat 12.4 g
- satfat 5.4 g
- monofat 4.3 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 21.6 g
- carbohydrate 28 g
- fiber 3.6 g
- cholesterol 60 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 599 mg
- calcium 85 mg
How to Make It
Place first 10 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth. Place breadcrumb mixture in a bowl; add lamb, beef, and feta, stirring gently to combine. Shape mixture into 12 (2-ounce) patties. Refrigerate 10 minutes to set.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 6 patties to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan; repeat procedure with remaining patties.
Place 1 lettuce leaf, about 4 cucumber slices, and 2 lamb patties in each pita half.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.