Made with beef roast.
Lamb and Mushroom Stew
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 346
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Protein: 36g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 4.8g
- Carbohydrate: 19g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Sodium: 270mg
- Cholesterol: 105mg
- 2 pounds boned lamb shoulder or beef chuck, fat-trimmed, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 pound common mushrooms
- 1/2 pound fresh shiitake mushrooms (or more common mushrooms)
- 3/4 pound onions, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ounces thin-sliced pancetta or bacon, chopped
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Salt and pepper
- Mashed potatoes or hot cooked rice
- 1. In a 6-quart pressure cooker over high heat, frequently stir lamb until browned, about 15 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer lamb to a bowl.
- 2. Meanwhile, rinse common mushrooms, trim stem ends, and quarter mushrooms. Rinse shiitakes, discard stems, and slice caps.
- 3. In cooker, stir common mushrooms, shiitakes, onions, carrots, garlic, and pancetta until onions are lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Add lamb and juices, wine, basil, rosemary, and cloves.
- 4. Seal cooker. Following manufacturer's instructions, bring to maximum pressure (15 lb.); adjust heat to stabilize cooking rate. Cook 20 minutes. Release pressure quickly, running cold water over pan.
- 5. Open pan. If desired, discard cloves. Add peas to pan. Mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water and stir into mixture, then stir stew over high heat until boiling. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 6. Serve with mashed potatoes or cooked rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews