- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 2 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 30 ounces ground lamb
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion (from 1 onion)
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese-style breadcrumbs)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 1/4 teaspoons black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine wine, tomato paste, Worcestershire, red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons of the sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt in a saucepan. Cook over medium-high, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
Stir together lamb, feta, onion, panko, egg, chopped mint, chopped thyme, chopped oregano, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt, and 1 teaspoon of the pepper in a large bowl until well combined.
Lightly coat a 6-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Divide lamb mixture evenly among prepared muffin cups (about 6 3/4 oz. per cup). Bake in preheated oven 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and top evenly with wine mixture. Return to oven, and bake until glaze solidifies, about 5 minutes. Cool meatloaf muffins in pan slightly, about 20 minutes.
Whisk together apple cider vinegar, oil, mustard, and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Add romaine, mint leaves, thyme leaves, and oregano leaves; gently toss to coat. Serve salad with meatloaf muffins.