Lamb Meat Loaf with Feta Cheese
Photo: Charles Walton; Styling: Leslie Byars Simpson
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 2 1/2 pounds lean ground lamb
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- Garnishes: dried parsley flakes, fresh parsley sprigs
- Bake pine nuts in a shallow pan at 350°, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until toasted.
- Combine pine nuts and next 9 ingredients; press half of mixture into a lightly greased 9- x 5-inch loafpan. Sprinkle with cheese, and press remaining lamb mixture over cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 1 1/2 hours; remove from pan, and place on a rack in a broiler pan. Pour tomato sauce over top; bake 10 more minutes or until done. Garnish, if desired. Serve with toasted pita bread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes