My family loved this. Based on the reviews here, I was generous with the spices (about double). The result was an enticingly aromatic dish loaded with flavor. In the future, I would marinate longer. Will definitely make this again!
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Mindi Shapiro
Zesty marinades make for healthier grilling.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 kebabs)
More From Cooking Light
1 Hour, 12 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 201
- Fat: 11.9g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 21.7g
- Carbohydrate: 0.4g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 361mg
- Calcium: 16mg
- 6 tablespoons plain whole-milk yogurt
- 5/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon Madras curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large garlic clove, grated
- 1 pound boneless leg of lamb, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. Combine yogurt, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and next 4 ingredients (through garlic); stir with a whisk. Place yogurt mixture in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add lamb; seal and marinate in refrigerator 45 minutes.
- 2. Prepare grill to medium heat.
- 3. Remove lamb from bag; discard marinade. Thread lamb evenly onto 8 (10-inch) skewers; sprinkle evenly with 3/8 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place kebabs on a grill rack; grill 4 minutes for medium-rare or desired degree of doneness, turning once. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note