Lamb, Goat Cheese, and Roasted Pepper Calzones
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 calzone and 1/3 cup sauce)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 352
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated fat: 5.0g
- Protein: 19.2g
- Carbohydrate: 42.5g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 1027mg
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Calcium: 59mg
- 1/2 pound ground lamb
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/2 (3.5-ounce) package goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup bottled roasted red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 1/3 cups fat-free marinara sauce (such as Colavita), warmed
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cook lamb, onion, and garlic in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until lamb is browned, stirring to crumble. Drain. Return lamb mixture to pan. Stir in Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
- Unroll pizza crust onto an ungreased baking sheet. Cut dough into 4 quarters, using a sharp knife or pizza cutter. Pat each quarter into a 6 x 5-inch rectangle.
- Spoon lamb mixture evenly in center of each rectangle; sprinkle with cheese and red pepper. Bring opposite corners of rectangles together, pinching to seal. Pinch all seams together to completely enclose lamb mixture.
- Bake at 425° for 13 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with marinara sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes