Lamb Curry with Chickpeas
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 460
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 45g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 123mg
- Sodium: 321mg
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 (14 oz.) can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons madras curry powder
- 2 1/2 pounds lamb shoulder, trimmed of fat and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (20 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Put onion, carrots, coconut milk, curry powder and 1/4 cup water in slow cooker. Season lamb with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1 Tbsp. oil. Add one-third of lamb and cook until browned all over, about 6 minutes. Transfer lamb to slow cooker. Repeat with remaining batches of lamb and 1 Tbsp. oil.
- Add 1/2 cup water to skillet, scraping pan with a wooden spoon to incorporate browned bits. Pour liquid into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- In final half hour of cooking, skim fat off stew and discard. Stir in chickpeas and continue to cook. Serve lamb over basmati or other white rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This