Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 3/4 cups diced celery
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion
- 1 large apple, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon brown bouquet sauce
- 2 cups cooked roast lamb, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Hot cooked rice
- Sauté celery, onion, and apple in butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat until onion is golden brown. Stir in flour.
- Combine water and bouquet sauce; gradually add to sautéed mixture, blending until smooth. Add next 6 ingredients, mixing well. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 30 minutes or until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Serve over hot cooked rice with the following condiments: (about 3/4 cup each) chutney, flaked coconut, chopped hard-cooked egg, crumbled cooked bacon, and salted peanuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes