- 1 pound lean boned leg of lamb
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups Vidalia or other sweet onion (about 1 large)
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can fat-free beef broth
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 small red potatoes, quartered (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups frozen green peas
- calories 344
- fat 6.4 g
- satfat 2.2 g
- protein 32.0 g
- carbohydrate 40.4 g
- fiber 7.8 g
- cholesterol 73 mg
- iron 5.6 mg
- sodium 815 mg
- calcium 69 mg
How to Make It
Trim fat from lamb; cut lamb into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
Coat lamb with cooking spray. Cook lamb in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove lamb from skillet; set aside.
Add onion and ginger to food processor bowl; process until minced.
Coat onion mixture with cooking spray. Cook in skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add lamb, broth, curry powder, and salt. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add potato; cover and cook 20 minutes. Add peas; cook 3 additional minutes.