Lamb Chops with Spiced Salt Rub
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon coarse-ground pepper
- 6 lamb loin chops (6 to 8 oz. each)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1. In a blender, whirl 3 tablespoons coriander seeds and 2 tablespoons fennel seeds until finely ground. Add 2 tablespoons fine sea salt, 1 tablespoon dried thyme, and 1/2 tablespoon coarse-ground pepper; whirl to combine.
- 2. Rub about 1/2 tablespoon salt mixture into each of 6 lamb loin chops (6 to 8 oz. each). Wrap airtight and chill at least 4 hours or up to 1 day.
- 3. Unwrap lamb chops. Pour 1 tablespoon vegetable oil into a 10- to 12-inch nonstick pan over medium-high heat and swirl pan to coat. Add chops and cook, turning occasionally, until surface is brown and center is pink (cut to test), 8 to 12 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes