Lamb Chops with Roasted Salsa
"This is my rendition of how a platter of lamb would be served in many Mediterranean countries with, say, a change of herbs and accompaniments." --Christina Savinos, Athens, Greece
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 578
- Calories from fat: 78%
- Protein: 23g
- Fat: 50g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 8.4g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Sodium: 521mg
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- Finely shredded zest of 1 1/2 lemons
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 8 lamb rib chops (about 1 3/4 lbs. total)
- 1 ripe tomato
- 1 small red onion, peeled and halved
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1. Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for high heat (450° to 550°; you can hold your hand 5 in. above cooking grate only 2 to 4 seconds). In a large resealable plastic bag, combine garlic, mint, lemon zest, 1/4 cup olive oil, and 1 tsp. each salt and pepper. Add lamb chops and mix to coat.
- 2. Grill tomato, onion, and bell peppers, turning twice, until soft and blackened, 6 minutes. Remove from heat. Remove chops from bag, keeping marinade on meat. Grill chops, turning once, until done the way you like, 5 minutes total for medium-rare (cut to test).
- 3. Chop vegetables and mix with remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, the parsley, lemon juice, and remaining 1 tsp. each salt and pepper. Serve with lamb.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes