- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- Finely shredded zest of 1 1/2 lemons
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 8 lamb rib chops (about 1 3/4 lbs. total)
- 1 ripe tomato
- 1 small red onion, peeled and halved
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- calories 578
- caloriesfromfat 78 %
- protein 23 g
- fat 50 g
- satfat 15 g
- carbohydrate 8.4 g
- fiber 2.1 g
- sodium 521 mg
- cholesterol 99 mg
How to Make It
Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for high heat (450° to 550°; you can hold your hand 5 in. above cooking grate only 2 to 4 seconds). In a large resealable plastic bag, combine garlic, mint, lemon zest, 1/4 cup olive oil, and 1 tsp. each salt and pepper. Add lamb chops and mix to coat.
Grill tomato, onion, and bell peppers, turning twice, until soft and blackened, 6 minutes. Remove from heat. Remove chops from bag, keeping marinade on meat. Grill chops, turning once, until done the way you like, 5 minutes total for medium-rare (cut to test).
Chop vegetables and mix with remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, the parsley, lemon juice, and remaining 1 tsp. each salt and pepper. Serve with lamb.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.