Lamb Chops With Minted Apples
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 (2-inch-thick) lamb chops, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon Biltmore Dry Rub
- Minted Apples
- Cut off pointed end of garlic bulb, and place on a piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle with olive oil, and fold foil to seal.
- Bake at 425° for 30 minutes. Cool and peel 12 cloves, reserving any remaining cloves for other uses.
- Sprinkle lamb evenly with Biltmore Dry Rub, and place on a lightly greased rack in a broiler pan.
- Bake at 325° for 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 145° (medium-rare). Reserve 1/4 cup drippings for Minted Apples. Serve with Minted Apples and roasted garlic.
- Pork Chops With Minted Apples: Substitute 4 (2-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops. Sprinkle evenly with 2 teaspoons Biltmore Dry Rub. Bake at 325° for 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 160°. Remove chops, and add 1/4 cup water to pan; cook over medium heat 2 minutes, stirring to loosen browned bits. Substitute mixture for 1/4 cup reserved drippings in Minted Apples. Garnish with fresh sage and rosemary, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note