Lamb Chops with Mint-Fig Sauce
Photo: Beau Gustafson; Styling: Jan Gautro
Serve with mashed sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli spears.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 chops and about 1 tablespoon sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 213
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 27.3g
- Carbohydrate: 6.2g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 397mg
- Calcium: 18mg
- 8 (4-ounce) lamb loin chops, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons fig preserves (such as Braswell's)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free, less-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper. Place lamb on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Keep warm.
- 3. Combine preserves, broth, juice, and garlic in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 20 seconds; stir in mint. Serve with lamb.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note