Lamb Chops with Herbed Yogurt over Couscous
Randy Mayor; Jan Gautro
Chopped mint, basil, and parsley brighten the yogurt sauce.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 lamb chops, 1/2 cup couscous, and 2 tablespoons sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 282
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 21.5g
- Carbohydrate: 28.4g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 363mg
- Calcium: 68mg
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 8 (4-ounce) lamb loin chops, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat broiler.
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- While couscous stands, sprinkle lamb with salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place lamb on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- While lamb cooks, combine 1/8 teaspoon pepper, yogurt, and remaining ingredients. Serve lamb over couscous with yogurt sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes