This recipe was very flavorful. I also made the Sweet and Tangy Slaw that the magazine recommended. They were very good together, though next time, I'll probably make the slaw earlier to allow the flavors to come together more. The recipe was easy to make and turned out very well.
Lamb Burgers with Sun-Dried Tomato Aioli
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
Give your everyday burger recipe a twist by using lean ground lamb. The homemade aioli can be made ahead to cut back on dinner prep.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 burger)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 448
- Fat: 23.8g
- Saturated fat: 7.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 10.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Protein: 27.5g
- Carbohydrate: 28.9g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 765mg
- Calcium: 104mg
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 2 tablespoons grated pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound lean ground lamb
- Cooking spray
- 4 (2-ounce) multigrain hamburger buns
- 2 cups arugula
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) tomato slices
- 1. Place sun-dried tomatoes and 1 cup water in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH 2 minutes. Let stand 3 minutes. Drain. Place sun-dried tomatoes, mayonnaise, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1 garlic clove in a mini food processor; pulse 10 times or until tomatoes are finely chopped. Set aside.
- 2. Combine remaining 1 garlic clove, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, cheese, salt, and lamb in a large bowl. Divide mixture into 4 portions, shaping into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; cover and keep warm.
- 3. Arrange 4 bun halves, cut sides down, in pan over medium-high heat; cook 1 minute or until toasted. Repeat procedure with remaining bun halves. Spread about 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture on bottom half of each bun; top each with 1/2 cup arugula, 1 patty, 1 tomato slice, and top half of bun.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This