- 1 pound boneless lamb shoulder, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Dash of grated whole nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup 2% low-fat Greek-style plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns, toasted
- 2 cups torn radicchio
- calories 398
- fat 15.7 g
- satfat 4.1 g
- monofat 7.8 g
- polyfat 2.3 g
- protein 31.5 g
- carbohydrate 32.9 g
- fiber 3.3 g
- cholesterol 74 mg
- iron 4.5 mg
- sodium 656 mg
- calcium 153 mg
How to Make It
To prepare grinder, place feed shaft, blade, and 1/4-inch die plate in freezer for 30 minutes or until well chilled. Assemble grinder just before grinding.
Arrange lamb pieces in a single layer on jelly-roll pan, leaving space between each piece. Freeze 15 minutes or until meat is firm but not frozen. Combine lamb and 1 tablespoon oil in large bowl; toss to combine. Pass lamb through meat grinder completely. Immediately pass meat through grinder a second time. Cover and chill.
Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and shallots; cook 15 minutes or until onions are golden, stirring frequently. Stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, cumin, and next 6 ingredients (through nutmeg); cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
Combine lamb mixture, onion mixture, 1 tablespoon mint, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, gently shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Press a nickel-sized indentation in the center of each patty. Cover and chill until ready to grill.
Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 9 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and cut each pepper portion in half.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Combine remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, remaining 1 tablespoon mint, yogurt, juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Sprinkle patties evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Place patties on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes or until grill marks appear. Carefully turn patties; grill 3 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Place 1 patty on bottom half of each bun; top each serving with 2 tablespoons yogurt mixture, 1/2 cup radicchio, 2 bell pepper strips, and top half of bun.