I only made the burgers as my husband wanted to have tzatziki sauce with his pitas instead of the chutney. The burgers had great flavor and I will definitely make them again the next time we have a greek inspired dinner.
Lamb Burger Pitas with Two-Pepper Chutney
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 361
- Calories from fat: 50%
- Protein: 23g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 6.9g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sodium: 816mg
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- 1 large red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup lightly packed mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 pita breads (6 in. wide), halved
- Lettuce leaves
- 1. Preheat a grill for medium heat (350° to 450°). Put bell pepper, mint, lemon juice, garlic, cayenne, 1 tsp. pepper, and 1/2 tsp. salt into a food processor and pulse just until coarsely chopped. Set chutney aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl, combine lamb, cilantro, remaining 1 tsp. pepper and 1/2 tsp. salt, the coriander, and cumin until blended. Form into 4 patties, each about 1/2 in. thick.
- 3. Lightly oil grill and cook burgers, turning once, until done the way you like, about 6 minutes total for medium. Cut burgers in half and put 2 halves into each pita piece, then tuck in lettuce leaves. Serve chutney on the side.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This